Avaya Configuration and Orchestration Manager (Avaya COM) provides you with an intuitive
interface to configure, manage, and provision Avaya enterprise family of devices, such as Avaya
Ethernet Routing Switches, Avaya Ethernet Switches, Legacy BayStack switches, Business Policy
Switches 2000™ operating within the same local area network, Avaya Virtual Services Platform
(VSP) devices, and Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) devices. COM is a management system
that manages multiple network devices, and provides management for services across different
Configuration and Orchestration Manager is a management system that manages multiple network
devices, and provides management for services across different elements.
Configuration and Orchestration Manager is a Web-based, platform-independent application that
allows you to save the error log, preferences, and communities in the application.
Configuration and Orchestration Manager Release 3.1 has the following features:
• A web-based element manager and supports both Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers.
• Supports wizards and templates for complex multidevice configuration management
• Supports device configuration management
• Supported across Windows and Linux platforms.
• Provides a consistent graphical user interface (GUI) across COM and submanagers, and
provides a single point of access to the submanagers.
• Provides access control and security using community strings, SNMPv3 USM, and SSH.